MAIA, in partnership with the MI Future Foundation, the MAIA Young Agents Council and Oakland County Local Association is offering scholarships for students and established independent insurance agents. MI Future is also offering one through Olivet College.
This year's Scholarships include:
YAC/MI Future Shawn Brown Scholarship, worth
$2,000, is a college tuition scholarship.
- Planning for a career in the independent agency system (does not have to
be in an insurance specific curriculum).
- Entering sophomore, junior or senior year with at least one full year of undergraduate school remaining beginning 2014-15 school year.
YAC Designation Scholarship for up to $500 can be used towards completing an agent designation.
- A young or new agent under 40 years of age or in the insurance industry less than 5 years and employed by an MAIA member agency.
- Enrolled in or enrolling in a MAIA-sponsored CIC, CISR or CRM program.
MI Future YAC Annual Conference First-Timer Scholarship (covers conference registration and accommodations)*
- A practicing young insurance agent who is under 40 years of age or in the insurance industry less than five years.
- Employed with a MAIA member agency.
MAIA scholarship applications are due April 30, 2014. For more information please contact Rita LaMoreaux, MAIA YAC Specialist at (517) 327-8034 email@example.com
County Steve Fetterman Memorial Scholarship
Oakland County Local/Steve Fetterman/MI Future Scholarship, worth $2,500, is a college tuition scholarship.
- Studying for
a career in the independent agency
system (curriculum: insurance, business, finance,
sophomore, junior or senior year beginning
- From Oakland County
MI Future Undergraduate Sons and Daughters Scholarship - Olivet College
- For students that have family working in an independent agency.
- Scholarships will be granted for the 2014-15 academic year.
firstname.lastname@example.org . MI Future Scholarships - Lansing Community College
The MI Future Foundation and Lansing Community College have teamed up to offer 10, $5,000 Insurance Education Scholarships. No application is necessary. For more information, go to: http://www.lcc.edu/bci/partnerships/ or contact Kristin Angel at (517) 483-1741, email@example.com