MAIA, in partnership with the MI Future Foundation, the MAIA Young Agents Council and Oakland County Local Association is offering scholarships for students and established independent insurance agents. MI Future is also offering scholarships through Olivet College.
MI Future Undergraduate Sons and Daughters Scholarship - Olivet College
- For students that have family working in an independent agency.
- Scholarships will be granted for the 2016-17 academic year.
For more information on the Sons & Daughters scholarship, please contact
Rich Lehman at Olivet College (269) 749-7751 or
Ferris State University (BS in Business - Insurance Risk Management)
For more information on Ferris State University's four-year program and scholarship opportunities click the following link, http://www.ferris.edu/business/programs/insurance-management. Please note, courses are held in Big Rapids with some sessions offered on-line.
For questions on the 2015 MI Future scholarships, contact Rita LaMoreaux, MAIA YAC Liaison, at email@example.com or (517) 327-8034.
YAC/MI Future Shawn Brown Scholarship, worth
$2,000, is a college tuition scholarship.
- Planning for a career in the independent agency system (does not have to
be in an insurance specific curriculum).
- Entering sophomore, junior or senior year with at least one full year of undergraduate school remaining.
YAC Designation Scholarship for up to $500 can be used towards completing an agent designation.
- A young or new agent under 40 years of age or in the insurance industry less than 5 years and employed by an MAIA member agency.
- Enrolled in or enrolling in a MAIA-sponsored CIC, CISR or CRM program.
MI Future YAC Annual Conference First-Timer Scholarship (covers conference
registration and accommodations)*
- A practicing young insurance agent who is under 40 years of age or in the insurance industry less than five years.
- Employed with a MAIA member agency.
County Joan McFern & Steve Fetterman Memorial Scholarship
Oakland County Local/Steve Fetterman/MI Future Scholarship, worth $2,500, is a college tuition scholarship.
- Studying for
a career in the independent agency
system (curriculum: insurance, business, finance,
sophomore, junior or senior year beginning
- From Oakland County
West Michigan Association of Insurance Agents Insurance Risk Management Scholarship
The WMAIA offers an annual scholarship to someone pursuing a career in insurance and or risk management. $1500 1st place $1000 second.Due June 1st, 2016